JOB VACANCY ADVERTISEMENTJOB TITLE: PROJECT OFFICER
LOCATION : BIDIBIDI REFUGEE SETTLEMENT ZONE 1
DURATION: 3 MONTHS
DEADLINE: 22nd JANUARY 2021ABOUT I CAN SOUTH SUDAN
I CAN South Sudan is a Community-based organization (CBO) registered in the District of Yumbe and working in the Child Protection Sector under the authority of the Prime Minister (OPM) Bidibidi, which aims to engage unaccompanied refugee children in social and musical activities to heal them of trauma. I CAN South Sudan use musical coaching with a focus on community work to develop children's trust and build friendships through the tribal divide that contributed to the civil war in South Sudan. Storytelling and song are vital aspects of the South Sudanese community, so the music curriculum focuses on the preserving of traditional tales, songs and musical practices. I CAN South Sudan is dedicated to the promotion of children's rights in Uganda and South Sudan.WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a multi-faceted Project Officer who will be responsible for planning, coordinating and handling project (s) from design to completion. This involves contact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, most of whom oversee several moving pieces of the project concurrently. The job holder will solely be responsible for planning and ensuring the consistency and timely delivery of the core ECCD (BE) program within the designated district/sub-counties. We are looking for an accomplished Project Manager to oversee our Peace Building Project as Project Manager for the Bidibidi Refugee Settlement, Zone 1.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Measure project output by using relevant processes, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Assistance in determining the goals and priorities of the project, including all appropriate stakeholders and ensuring technical viability.
HOW TO APPLY
- The program manager needs to have a good realistic background with project management.
- Good understanding of the wider objectives of the program.
- Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals involved in program management.
- Strong organizational and teamwork capabilities.
- Strong understanding of the budgeting and distribution processes.
- Capacity to discover new ways to solve the problems.
- Bachelor's degree in corporate management, social science or similar fields
- He/she should have a history in sales skills, management, budgeting and research. You can be an exceptional communicator and perform many tasks easily.
- At least three (3) years of progressive work experience for NGOs in the preparation and delivery of Child Protection programs.
- Ability to work in a remote and Challenging environment
Refugees, host Community (Ugandan) and female candidates are encouraged to apply. All eligible applicants should send their applications (maximum 2-5 pages updated resume, including three references and a one-page cover letter) in English by e-mail to email@example.com not later than 22nd January by 11:59 p.m. Good Luck!