JOB VACANCY ADVERTISEMENTJOB TITLE : M&E OFFICER
LOCATION : BIDIBIDI REFUGEE SETTLEMENT ZONE 1
DURATION : 3 MONTHS
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 22nd JANUARY 2021WHO WE ARE
I CAN South Sudan is a Community-based organization (CBO) registered in the District of Yumbe and working in the Child Protection Sector under the authority of the Prime Minister (OPM) Bidibidi, which aims to engage unaccompanied refugee children in social and musical activities to heal them of trauma. I CAN South Sudan use musical coaching with a focus on community work to develop children's trust and build friendships through the tribal divide that contributed to the civil war in South Sudan. Storytelling and song are vital aspects of the South Sudanese community, so the music curriculum focuses on the preserving of traditional tales, songs and musical practices. I CAN South Sudan is dedicated to the promotion of children's rights in Uganda and South Sudan.WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
I CAN South Sudan is looking for a Peace Building Initiative Monitoring and Evaluation Officer funded by Oxfam IBIS. I CAN South Sudan is a child protection collaborator dedicated to promoting peace and reconciliation between refugees and the local community in the Bidibidi refugee settlement, Zone 1 in the Yumbe District. We are working to create more peace for jobs and to foster peaceful coexistence.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate actively in the implementation of M&E processes by providing technical support and checking quality.
- Harness, adapt and roll out tools and technological innovations for collecting and analyzing data with an aim of improving the project
- Participate in developing an M&E Plan, M&E work plan and indicator tracking matrix, in line with the project’s thematic standards and practice.
- Generate program monitoring, reporting and information management plans
- Pioneer the development, review and utilization of data collection, monitoring and reporting tools
- Participate actively in the enforcement of Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Control (QC) and Quality Improvement (QI) measures for all field program interventions
- Support fellow team members in capturing and documenting best practices and success stories for learning, reference and dissemination
- Generate program information and dash boards for tracking and depicting progress on program and strategy implementation against targets and key milestones
- Initiate data analysis and action planning meeting with program teams to review data trends and overall
HOW TO APPLY
- A minimum Diploma in Social Sciences, Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication, Statistics or Demographic Research or a Diploma in Monitoring and Assessment is necessary.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a comparable job requiring data collection, recording and reporting.
- Demonstrable experience in producing good quality documents for different audiences and managing GBV& CP information management systems.
- Ability to collect, analyze and produce good quality data and information
- Established data processing capabilities and concrete understanding of open source resources such as the KoBo Toolbox.
- Computer literacy with possible advanced Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint and Ms access
- Knowledge in Device Statistics Bundles (EPI INFO, SPSS and Stata)
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring of staff
- Knowledge, skills and experience in participatory survey/research methods
- Experience in use of data to inform decision-making, planning, and performance monitoring
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong management skills (Managing, motivating and developing staff)
- Team player.
- Ready to work in difficult environmental conditions
- Must be flexible and culturally sensitive.
Refugees, host Community (Ugandan) and female candidates are encouraged to apply. All eligible applicants should send their applications (maximum 2-5 pages updated resume, including three references and a one-page cover letter) in English by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 22nd January by 11:59 p.m.Good Luck!