JOB VACANCY ADVERTISEMENTJOB TITLE: ACCOUNTANT
LOCATION: BIDIBIDI REFUGEE SETTLEMENT, ZONE 1
DURATION: 3 MONTHS
DEADLINE: 22nd JANUARY 2021 ABOUT I CAN SOUTH SUDAN
I CAN South Sudan is a Community-based organization (CBO) registered in the District of Yumbe and working in the Child Protection Sector under the authority of the Prime Minister (OPM) Bidibidi, which aims to engage unaccompanied refugee children in social and musical activities to heal them of trauma. I CAN South Sudan use musical coaching with a focus on community work to develop children's trust and build friendships through the tribal divide that contributed to the civil war in South Sudan. Storytelling and song are vital aspects of the South Sudanese community, so the music curriculum focuses on the preserving of traditional tales, songs and musical practices. I CAN South Sudan is committed to promoting and advocating child rights and the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse.WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a charismatic and pragmatic accountant with outstanding time management abilities, a team player with excellent leadership skills and the capacity to work with limited oversight and use of the initiative. We are also looking for a person who has professional expertise in accounting practice and understanding of financial principles, who has a deep interest and enthusiasm for our work.PURPOSE OF WORK
To provide logistical assistance to project teams in the field (including field travel) and ensure that the I CAN South Sudan retains a high level of accounting and financial management. Work together with the Project Officer and the Director to provide quality financial information and tools to help the program handle its budgets more efficiently.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Manage all accounting transactions;
- Prepare Budget Outlook
- Handle weekly, quarterly and annual closures
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable;
- Ensure prompt payments to banks
- Calculate income and file tax returns
- Manage balance sheets of the
- Report on financial health and liquidity of the Organization
- Audit of bank transactions and records
- Enhance secrecy of financial data and backup of databases where appropriate performance with financial laws and legislation.
- Work with the Project Manager and Logistic Officer to generate quality finance reports for the Program and keep clear records of all financial transactions.
- Track the cash flow of the services to ensure that contributions are requested in a timely manner to promote the seamless flow of program operations, including ensuring that funding is distributed to the sector in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper invoicing/recharging of other Oxfam offices for the costs accrued by the Program and employees for the private use of I CAN South Sudan services.
- Ensure that any spending expended is compliant with approved budgets and OPAL programs.
- Any other role delegated from time to time by the line boss.
HOW TO APPLY
- Minimum two (2) years of accounting experience in the provision of a wide variety of accounting and financial services, preferably within the context of a Multinational NGO.
- Established understanding and experience in dealing with computerized accounting programs and spreadsheets.
- Hands-on training in tax applications (Quick Book and Etall)
- Advanced skills of MS Excel
- Experience of general ledger tasks
- Great attention to detail and sound analytical skills
- Bachelor's degree/Diploma in accounting, finance or equivalent degree.
- Knowledge and appreciation of financial and accounting systems, policies and processes.
- Ability to prioritize own workload, work independently, and a determination to work within strict time limits.
- Strong leadership skills and capacity to work in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and capacity to accurately present facts and ideas.
- Commitment to the principles, goals and ideology of I CAN South Sudan.
Refugees, host Community (Ugandan) and female candidates are encouraged to apply. All eligible applicants should send their applications (maximum 2-5 pages updated resume, including three references and a one-page cover letter) in English by e-mail to email@example.com not later than 22nd January by 11:59 p.m.Good Luck!