25th September 2021
As part of the joint celebration of International Peace Day in Bidibidi Refugee Settlement, I CAN South Sudan selected to lead preparation for Zone 1 conducted a dialogue and Road drive on 17th September 2021 to mark the day with online event and planting of trees scheduled for 21st September 2021.
Objectives To have a common understanding of peace, the causes of conflicts in Bidibidi Zone 1 and suggest a common solution towards building a peaceful community
1. Dialogue Key points and deliberation1. What is your understanding of peace?
2. What are the dividers that cause tension and violence between refugees and the host community and among the refugees?Tension; Tension; the act of stretching or straining. The state of being stretched or strained. Mental or emotional strain; intense, suppressed suspense, anxiety, or excitement. A strained relationship between individuals, groups, nations, etc. Violence;behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something. Dividers between refugees and the host community
Between refuges & refuges
3. What circumstances or situations can lead to misunderstanding between refugees and host community and among the refugees?Same points mentioned above. 4. Discuss the events that have the potential to connect communities of diverge backgrounds to embrace unity in diversity.
5. How do you perceive your relationship with the host community [in the last 9 months of 2021] and how can the relationship be improved if it is not the best? The relationship is now good. It can be improved through community dialogues and improving on service delivery. 6. In your opinion, what would you wish to be done by the authorities in South Sudan to see peace prevail in the young nation?
7. Who are most key stakeholders you will run to in case you have a misunderstanding/conflict with a neighbor?
8. Is there any impact brought by the various peace actors (Partner NGOs) in relation to peace in your community in the zone, and explain any additional thing which could be done to bring peace between Refugees and Host community?
YES, community dialogues, games and sports and capacity building on peace.